Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fishing in the Gulf of Mexico

On Saturday, I went Deep Sea Fishing with my Dad in the Gulf of Mexico, off the coast of Clearwater, Florida.  We took a 7:00 a.m. flight out of Miami and landed in Tampa less than an hour later.  When we got there, the sky was so cloudy and foggy that we were afraid that we might not be able to go fishing.

After a good breakfast, we drove to the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Pete.  I thought all the pictures and sculptures were really cool.  By the time we left the museum, the fog and clouds were gone.  It was time to go fishing!

We drove to Clearwater Beach and went on a boat called the Super Queen, which is part of the Queen Fleet.  We left the marina at 1:00 pm and went about 7 miles off the coast.  At the first stop, my Dad baited squid onto the hook for me, and I caught 4 fish!  All grunts!  At the next stop, I caught 3 more grunts.  Then I caught 2 grunts at each of the next 2 stops.  11 grunts altogether!  What a fun day!

















2 comments:

  1. Happy to see that kid in blue having such great time catching fish - which is cool that he shows so much interest into it.

    Ketchikan Alaska Fishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, wherever will you upwards getting home elevators which adding? At this point we are pleased I recently found the product even though, sick often be thinking about back again swiftly to discover exactly what a lot more articles an individual incorporate.
    Regards: class reels

    ReplyDelete