Saturday, July 2, 2016

Pedal Boat Fishing

Today, I went to a summer camp near Philadelphia that opened up for the weekend.  I decided to go fishing in the lake where, years ago, I had caught a gigantic large mouth bass that cut the line just as I was pulling it up.  For bait, I used worms that I picked in the backyard last night.  We went to the boating area to get a boat.  We chose a pedal boat because it was easy for my brother and me to fish in the back while my father and sister pedaled in the front.  As we set out, I put a worm on my hook.  I cast it out and waited.  There were no bites for what seemed like an hour.  But fishing takes patience.  Finally, the bobber started to shake.  Then it shook violently, and then sunk under the water and the rod was bending.  Fish on!!  I reeled in as hard as I could but the fish was fighting hard.  I managed to bring it up. It was a great Black Crappie!  After taking a few pictures, I unhooked it and let it go.  I put on another worm, but no more fish bit for the rest of the afternoon.  It was a successful day.  Stay tuned for more posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment